- Invite a small group of children to come and play this game.
- Ask one child, “Jump 5 times.”
- Have the group whisper 8, eight times.
- Have another child do another action a certain amount of time.
- Ask a child to do something zero times.
- “Why didn’t you do anything?”
- Discuss the concept of zero.
As the children carry out the activity, encourage them to count out the number as they are doing the action.
Give each child a chance to carry out an activity as well as a chance to do so something zero times
To reinforce the concept of zero.
The child’s own knowledge.
4 years onwards (after work with the spindle boxes)
Share your experiences in the