- Numerals from 0 to 9, cut out of sandpaper and mounted on separate green boards. (The 0 is presented after the Spindle Boxes, when the concept of zero has been introduced.)
(Done is a similar way as with )
- Have the child bring over the material.
- Begin by sensitizing your fingers.
- Take out 1, trace three times and say its name: “one”
- Give to the child to repeat.
- Place the board at the top of the table.
- Repeat for numbers 2 and 3.
- Do a Three Period Lesson with numbers 1, 2, and 3.
- Repeat for numbers 4, 5, and 6.
- Then repeat for numbers 7, 8, and 9.
- Depending on the child, this may be taught over a few days.
To teach the child the symbols for the numbers he knows.
To provide him with the keys to the world of written numbers.
Preparation for the writing of numerals.
The sandpaper guides the child’s fingertips.
4 years onwards, when number rods have been introduced.
Share your experiences in the